Have you got what it takes to Survive the Panel and win a share of $20,000?
If you’ve got a big idea, then tell us all about it!
Sometimes the biggest ideas are born from the simplest of observations. We’re not after sliced bread, reinventing the wheel or anything that would be prefixed with ‘i’. So open your mind and think about everyday things you see, use, hear, feel or interact with that falls short by the smallest of margins.
Can you Survive the Panel?
Five entries will be chosen as finalists to pitch to our panel of judges at the EY Sydney office on 30 September 2014. Finalists will battle it out to win a share of $20,000 to make their idea a reality.
How to enter
Simply tell us in 100 words or less about what your idea is all about to secure your opportunity to pitch to the panel. You are able to attach an image to support your big idea, should you wish.
How it works
1. Go to facebook.com/eycareers and click on the Survive the Panel app (found on the left hand side of the desktop page).
2. All entries will be carefully reviewed by our judges.
3. A shortlist of 20 entries will be selected by 27 August 2014 and the entrants will be invited to complete a business case proposal by 5 September 2014.
4. The top four entries will be selected by 9 September 2014 and invited to attend the event to be held at the EY Sydney office on 30 September.
5. We will select three wild card entries that will be voted on by our Facebook fans from 10 - 12 September 2014. The wild card entry with the most votes will make up our top five finalists who will pitch to our judges.
6. The five finalists will pitch to the panel of judges for a chance to win a share of $20,000.
Entrants must be Australian or New Zealand citizens or an Australian permanent resident, currently enrolled in an Australian university and due to complete their degree between 2016 and 2018. Ernst & Young will cover flight expenses and one nights accommodation for finalists who are based outside interstate.
Applications open 9:00, 28 July 2014 and close 17:00 22 August 2014 (AEST).
Be daring. All you need to do is Survive the Panel.
What are you waiting for? Go to www.facebook.com/eycareers.
© 2014 Ernst & Young, Australia. All Rights Reserved.
Chartered Accountants Vacation Evening
The 2014 NSW Chartered Accountants Vacation Evening will be a night of networking, canapés and bubbly.
Did you know majority of graduate roles are filled by the previous year’s vacationers?
Get ahead of the pack and step into the corporate world at the 2014 NSW Chartered Accountants Vacation Evening – a night of networking, canapés and bubbly.
Tuesday, 05 August 2014
6:15 pm to 7:45 pm - Vacation Evening
Dockside Darling Harbour
**Business attire required**
A partner from EY will explain the interview process, what qualities they look for when interviewing candidates and will give you some tips that you can use in your next interview. The evening will bring together penultimate year students looking to secure a vacation position with firms who have vacation roles to fill.
Due to limited places, students are required to submit a video application and if successful will be sent an invitation for the event. Video interviewing is increasingly popular and we all know that practice makes perfect so submit your video today.
** You will be assessed on your presentation so please leave your pyjamas for bedtime.**
• You must be a penultimate year business or commerce student with an accounting major.
• You must be an Australian resident and/or citizen.
How to apply:
• Create a 1-2 minute video introducing yourself. Information you should cover includes:
- Extracurricular activities
- Employment history
- Answer to the following question - What single task or event would you consider as the most significant accomplishment in your life so far? Please include the challenge you faced and how you overcame it.
• Directly upload your video to YouTube as an unlisted video. Your video must comply with YouTube’s terms and conditions.
• Once your resume has been reviewed you will be notified by email if you have secured a place at the Vacation Evening.
Applications open on Thursday, 11 June 2014 and close on Thursday, 31 July 2014.
It’s finally here. Introducing the UNSW BSOC CHRONICLES, the blog that reports anything and everything BSOC from the latest updates and interesting articles to movie reviews, funny gifs and lifestyle tips. Check it out now here.